Friday, February 20, 2009

Science Fair!!!


So since I'm in 6th grade we have our annual 6th grade science fair!!! I decided for the science I would do a project on candy since I LOVE candy:):) My project question was " Does temperature effect the texture of taffy?" In my experiment I made 3 different batches of taffy cooked at different temperatures; First batch at 256 degrees(pink batch), Second batch at 240 degrees(green batch), and Third batch at 270 degrees(blue batch). It turned out that in the blue batch, since I cooked it at a higher temperature, it was really hard.  And in the green batch , since I cooked it at a lower temperature, it turned really sticky!!! I found out that the reason for this is cause when you cook it at a higher temperature then more water evaporates making it hard. But when you cook it at a low temperature more water stays in keeping it soft and sticky.
I really liked the results cause it was really clear that temperature really does effect it.  I get to  to the school science fair and miss a whole day of school!!! BOOH YAH!!!






3 comments:

April Van Wagenen said...

It turned out so great!!! We make a good team!

Senja(: said...

haha yep yep yep!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are so creative! I would of never thought of that!